Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing 1 - take 2: getting started

OK - I am probably just going to do this blogging part here, because I am tired of trying to figure out edublogs. It didn't seem to be that different from Blogger, and I really wanted to try something new...and I loved my cute background with pink tulips... But since this is the main vehicle for my showing my learnings, I decided to fall back on the familiar. Something about this needs to be "easy" and if I have any chance of doing this on a regular basis, this needs to be the easy part. And I already have my avatar on the side bar! (That was the final straw for edublogs - they even had a blog post about adding a picture to the sidebar and I just couldn't figure it out!)

I really like how easy it is to make additions to your blog in Blogger. I have added all my district "friends" and it was very quick and easy to do. It was very easy to add my avatar - and I didn't have to read a "how-to" 15 times and still not get it to work. I really liked my template/background in Edublogs, so it would be nice to have more options for that in Blogger.

Have I mentioned how much I love my avatar?! It's funny how excited I get about this, when as someone commented, "What do you actually DO with an avatar??" But I love my red suit and my white cat...get it? A library CAT?! Cool!

No comments: