Friday, February 8, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

I am really into wikis lately. I set one up today on Wikispaces to facilitate some group work with my PLC (professional learning community). It is called "Making Reading Our Business" as we are using the book "Reading is our Business" by Sharon Grimes to guide us. We are working on connecting reading strategies. We are all very excited about what we are learning, so feel free to check us out at . Our consensus is that we feel more like "real" teachers - and the teachers in our buildings are beginning to see us that way as well. Wikispaces is giving away 100,000 free wikis to educators - the basic wiki is always free, but they are giving away their full access, paid version free to educators.



I have also used PBWiki to set up a family recipe collection. Feel free to check it out and steal all my secret family recipes. :) One thing my mom discovered on her Mac is that you have to use Firefox to have easy, full access to all the features. It looks like they are working to make Safari fully compatible in their next release.

No comments: