Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

Random thoughts:
  • Using Zoho/Google Docs will help save our server space.
  • Teachers can easily comment on students' work in progress.
  • Zoho notebook could be a great way to gather information for a large research project such as history day and keep all your web sources in one place for easy access.
  • ALL STUDENTS NEED TO HAVE A COMPUTER 24/7!!
  • How does this change how teachers teach? ARE TEACHERS READY FOR THIS CHANGE???
  • Great tools for a writing team!!
  • Could this mean the end to the 5-minute staff meeting? Please, no more meetings for things that could be handled more efficiently by other means. (Oh, wait...staff don't even read their email, how will they be persuaded to check their Zoho account?) Again...did I say that out loud?
  • Have I mentioned that I LOVE these new tools? Have I mentioned that I am FRUSTRATED by how reluctant people are to embrace them?

I love the idea of not having to email documents back and forth to myself. I am a little leary about formatting and what the document will look like if I print it out in a different location from where I created it. I would like to try creating and presenting a slideshow completely off one of these two sites. That will be my challenge to myself next time I need to do a presentation. (Maybe about the excellent Literacy Leadership in the 21st Century workshop I just attended!)

No comments: