Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 20: Facebook and MySpace

You can now find me on either Facebook or MySpace! I created a MySpace page awhile ago, but I don't think I remember the password. I just set up a Facebook page today so I could be another friend for my sister in law, Carolynn Kimmes, who set up a page to advertise her business selling her mother's amazing caramels (shameless plug for Edna's Caramels!! They are truly the best!) I found a friend request waiting for me from someone I actually knew! And I found a couple other friends. Who knew 30/40-somethings were interested in Facebook!

It is really easy to use and I think it's a nice twist that you can only see the profiles of your friends. That would make it "safer" for student use. My days-away-from-12-years-old daughter is disappointed that she has to wait one more whole year (and two days). She even said out loud to her librarian mother "Or I could lie about my age." Seems this is a prevalent practice among pre-teens.

No comments: