Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Del.icio.us

I like the flexibility of tagging - how you can "file" the thing in several "folders." I am longing for more and more of this flexibility as I try to manage the flood of information that comes at me daily in my job. I think it works great on a personal level, but trying to search for information this way could be quite confusing and misleading (no hits or too many, not so specific ones). Funny, I don't often tag my blogs. It's usually too hard for me to think of all the options I could use.

I think I set up a del.icio.us account awhile back, but that, like RSS feeds, was something I just have no time to keep up with. I do like the idea of having my favorites available to me at all times. The social aspect of del.icio.us, with lots of people tagging is interesting.

PageKeeper looks super interesting! But I wonder if my teachers would actually use it. They might use it personally, to create links that they would use in the classroom, instead of having it on their IE favorites page.

1 comment:

Toland back in HS said...

I like the kitty clock! Keep up the good work.