Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

I might be a closet cataloger...just don't ask me for all the details. I just like the sorting and arranging piece!

I started a Library Thing a while back - I think Brook Berg started this for me with a MEMOlist post. I am mostly discovering through these 23 Things, that the "social" aspect of reading others comments is not something I'm real hip on, as an ongoing thing. When I need a book recommendation or book talk info/ideas, then I like to read some comments. But I don't really care what others think about most books in my "collection."




It is interesting to consider using a tool like this to house a small library's catalog. That has me thinking more widely for the potential uses here. I wonder how it might work as a catalog of the book talks I have given during the year.

No comments: