Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing13: Productivity Tools

I already have an iGoogle home page...that now has six tabs of stuf I mostly ignore. I did help my daughter set up a home page that she just loves. All her quirky interests on one page - horoscope, virtual aquarium, penguins that follow your mouse, idiot test, daily Disney character of the day, question to ponder....real productive right? I do have a "Library Stuff" tab, and it does have several blogs, but I now tend to scan those via my Google Reader. I added a moon phase gadget to help me prepare for those full moon days at school. I also added the Hennepin County Library catalog search which is a wonderful feature. That would be a great gadget for all libraries to create and make available (also in mobile phone format).

I tried adding the countdown feature, but it was not accepted. I have used TimeandDate.com in the past to countdown the insanity of taking two graduate classes on top of student teaching. It was kind of amazing to watch the days tick on by. I did add a countdown widget to my iGoogle page until the last day of school on June 6th. With all the current stress of budget cuts ($16 million worth), 54 days seems too long.

Remember the Milk was the most interesting list tool for me. I like the look and how it can easily be accessed on iGoogle or your mobile phone.

No comments: